Friday 21 June 2013

Mowning

On hearing the words,

"Have you noticed your water butt?"

Gobby's heart sank to her muddy boots as this could only mean another lawnmower-based disaster in her beloved garden.

Indeed, she feared it would be akin to the recent,

"I may have bashed into one of your metal pots and dented it slightly."

Which, after translating from Billy Idle's somewhat sheepish expression and well-known lack of affinity with the truth, Gobby ascertained to be:

"So, what you're saying is, you have definitely bashed into one of my metal pots and dented the shit out of it."

Although this did not surpass the previous:

"Have you mown up my strawberry nets?!"

"Ah, I was going to mention that."

"WHEN??!!  When I noticed and asked, HAVE YOU MOWN UP MY STRAWBERRY NETS??!!?!"



However, Gobby felt the situation could be improved by the introduction of clear garden signage.



















Either that or it is simply time to get a goat.


No comments: