Friday 11 January 2008

Billy & the Old Bill

If there were one of The Regulars whose life would benefit immensely from a New Year Resolution it would for Billy Idle to learn from the folly of his life-long procrastination:

Let us see, dear readers, if you can spot:

A) How Billy could have avoided all of the following situations
and
B) The answer in the particularly challenging multiple choice quiz that he gave to the Old Bill as opposed to the ones he gave Gobby every time she tried and failed to point out the error of his slothsome ways:


So, on a particularly damp, dark winter morning the Old Bill pull Billy Idle over on his daily commute through the Shire:

Question 1
Do you realise, sir, that one of your headlights is not working?

A) It will be summer soon and I won't need it.

B) I cannot apologise enough and was not aware it needed replacing.


Question 2

Do you realise your tax disc is out of date?


A) I cannot apologise enough and was not aware it needed replacing.

B) Tax, insurance, MOT? I only ever have 2 of the 3.


Question 3

As you do not have your driving licence on you can you please produce it at the station within the next 14 days?

A) Of course, it will be the first thing I do after finishing work for the week.

B) F*ck me, therein lies another issue as it states my home address as Lancashire despite having lived in the Shire for the past 6 years for which there is a fine of up to £1000 for incorrect address details, how can I get out of this one?



Further rummaging though Billy's dusty post pile did indeed reveal a tax disc renewal form and a driver's licence replacement form. When questioned about the latter Billy was heard to indignantly claim:




"I don't like the photos I had done for it - I look a touch stupid.













Now how could anything ever learned about Billy ever make anyone believe that?!

No comments: